what a wonderful day I have had. Here are some highlights –
– Spending the night with good long standing friends, Cathi, Richard and adorable Isabelle in Tunbridge;
– this morning I rode the train to Canterbury and was finally able to see Canterbury Cathedral where Augustine was the first Archbishop, and where Thomas Beckett was murdered during the reign of Henry II
– getting to visit The King’s School, which is located right in the cathedral close, and which is the oldest school in England;
– taking the train to Canterbury, the rich and exquisite university town, with old cobblestone streets and enticing college courts
– having a pub supper with my friend and old flat mate Paul Weston in Grantchester.
I am feeling blessed and privileged. Hope you enjoy the photos.